Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hello! and Welcome!

Here I am, joining the masses in blogging about relationships. I could continue to pretend I want to resist, but being as vocal as I am in life, I really can't keep it to myself much longer. I've already spilled over on my previous blog that was just supposed to be "About Me" and I ventured off into the world of reminiscing about my life dating a young man with a son from a previous marriage. He really is fantastic, so who could blame me for constantly thinking of him when I sit down in front of the computer to type? Anyway, I'd like this blog to take you through my journey of being a young, single woman living in the United States and being one-third of an unconventional (although more common these days) relationship with a young man and his son.

I'd like to introduce to you, Ryan and Kaleb.

Ryan, my boyfriend, has been my brother's best friend since they were in 4th grade. If you do the math, you'll realize I've known him since I was just a youngin' in 2nd grade. Approximately, 15 years later we find ourselves in a completely different place than we ever thought we could be. I, the only sibling to my older brother, started dating his friend. I crossed the line into the dangerous and forbidden world of dating my brother's best friend. For some reason, it always seems worse for the sister to be dating her brother's best friend than it does the man dating his best friend's younger sister. You may claim otherwise but let me tell you from first-hand experience.... It's true. I get the "Shame on you, that's your brother's friend!" and the "Well, how does your brother feel about that?" But nobody blinked an eye when he started dating my friends.....

Kaleb is Ryan's son from his first marriage. This boy is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I'm not naturally a "kid-person" but Kaleb won me over from the very beginning. He was just as apprehensive of me as I was of him. Countless times I'd catch him staring at me from the corner of his eye, probably thinking "What is this crazy woman doing here and why is she always talking to me?" I can't help but feel like I know what he's thinking. He and I are very similar and I know this because I am constantly talking to him asking him if that's what he's thinking and yes, he confirms it with me. LOL. Sometimes, maybe he just tells me "yes" because he wants me to go away.... but I can't help it. I want to know him.

Anyway, on to my other little love that will always be by my side (as long as cats are welcome):
Meet - Kittles aka "Nena"

I bought her from the Apple Valley Animal Shelter in December, 2008. She was an early Christmas present to myself and a reward for moving into my first apartment for the last semester of my senior year in college. She was 4 months old at the time and let me tell you.... she and I have a bond that is incomparable! We talk to each other (even though we hardly, REALLY understand each other), we play, we cuddle and we annoy each other. I probably annoy her more than she annoys me, but nevertheless, we're perfect together.

So this is my little unofficial family! Nena is the only one (truly) stuck with me, but I have a feeling Ryan and Kaleb won't be going anywhere either. We make each other very happy and we enjoy every minute we spend together.

Stay tuned to get a feel for being the Third Wheel in an already perfect relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment